It may not be as bad as it looks, as an app can survive several iOS upgrades
without needing to be rebuilt. I have an app in AppStore that I think was
targeted at iOS 14, and didn’t malfunction until iOS 17 came. I then rebuilt it
targeting iOS 16 (as 17 was not yet supported by the LC deployment chain at the
time), and it still works like a charm.

Since that app had been doing fine for two years, all certificates and
provisioning profiles and whatnot had expired, so I had to jump through all the
Apple hoops again to get a valid build. It then transferred to TestFlight on
the first attempt (!!!), and was approved for AppStore by Apple review within
24 hours.

All in all I had the new version up and pushed to users in three days, after
discovering the blocking iOS 17 bug. (I don’t know what the bug was, I was just
hoping that rebuilding with a newer LC version for an iOS version closer to 17
would fix it, and thankfully it did.)

Just to share that positive experiences are still possible, even though I
totally agree that iOS deployment still IS a hassle.

I enjoy web deployment much more, and LC10 is getting better and better at that.

/Andreas