You have the dataWidth of the polygrid for the formattedWidth of the widget (to be wide enough to display all data), but what I think you want is some equivalent of the fomattedWidth of each column. I don't believe any such property exists in the polygrid. It would be like setting the columnWidth of a column to 'auto' or something like that, which would be a nice feature enhancement, but doesn't exists currently. You're welcome to file a feature enhancement. I'd definitely +1 it.

You would have to roll your own, probably using the "measureText(text,objectReference,[mode])" function. You would need to iterate through all the rows of data and find the longest string (in px) for each column via measureText and then set the columnWidths of the polygrid to that set of column widths. I am also not sure if measureText can use a widget as an object reference, so, if not, you may need a hidden field/button as teh object reference set to the same font and size as the polygrid.

Anyway, that's how I would try to solve this :-)

Paul Dupuis
Researchware