So, LiveCode 10 has web deployment, but there are still too many things it
cannot do out-of-the-box.
Well, some of them are fixable, and as promised I now release the tool I’ve
built to get so much more out of LC web apps.

Download here:
https://github.com/wheninspace/WIS_WebDeployHelper/releases/latest

WebDeployHelper tool essentially does two things:

1) It provides you with code (LC, javascript, html) that greatly enhances the
capabilities of your web app.
It adds code to your LC stack, and to the html file in the standalone folder.
You have full control of which features are added. Nothing is altered in your
existing LC code.

Currently the following features are available:
- Modify the appearance of the web page that the LC stack resides on (your own
logo, background colour etc)
- Add code that will make the stack resize when the browser window is resized,
or make the stack stay centered on the web page
- Add code that enables pasting into fields and putting text into the clipboard
(not in mobile browsers)
- Add code that enables mouse wheel scrolling in all LC fields and relevant
widgets (not in mobile browsers)
- Add code that gives you access to the localStorage functionality, which
enables saving data between sessions
- Add code that enables uploading of file data from your local files (like
image data and text)
- Other minor nifty features :)

2) It helps automate the web deployment process, which tends to get tedious as
you often build many, many times and upload to your server to test and test
again your web app.

So, the workflow automator lets you run one or several steps with one click:
- Trash the previous build folder (so you don’t get build folders like
"MyApp1”, MyApp2”, "MyApp3” etc)
- Trigger the standalone builder
- Compile the enhanced html file and replace the generic one in the build
folder with it
- Upload all the standalone files (or just the changed ones, if not first
upload) to your server with ftp (if you enter credentials for an ftp account)
- Launch the web url to your web app in your browser

The stack requires LC10.0.0 dp7+ and naturally a web deployment license for
LC10.
It can be used 'as is' or put into the plugins folder.

The tool is free to use (MIT license), but if you like it (or any of the other
free tools I've made) and feel it adds value to your use of LiveCode, you may
consider buying me a coffee at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/riu9yazy7p :)

Feedback on everything is welcome!

Andreas Bergendal
WhenInSpace