On 9/5/11 10:20 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
Björnke,

Excuse my ignorance. I guess it's a matter of terminology. So what are they
called?

Externals are like HyperCard XCMDs. They are usually written in a lower-level language, and add a specific functionality to the LiveCode engine. The zip commands are implemented as an external, for example.

If a standalone needs to include externals, they are placed in the Externals folder during the build process. If there are no externals used in the standalone, the standalone builder creates the folder anyway but it's empty. The folder isn't needed if your app doesn't use externals and is safe to throw away.