On 10/28/2011 11:52 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:
While trying to get just a bit comfortable with a command-line interface, I
started Terminal on Mac OSX Lion and eventually got a command to work (after
finding out how to cope with spaces in file and folder names). I put the same
thing in an LC 'shell' command and got a runtime error (Handler: can't find
handler). I guess this is because in the Terminal context, the shell recognised
the program I was calling ('convert' - it's dear old ImageMagick) but within my
prog and the LS IDE it didn't. What do I need to do to get 'my' shell to be
able to invoke the same apps that the raw terminal interface can? My guess is
that it's something to do with a context variable like LS's defaultFolder, but
I just don't know how to get there. Can anyone explain?

TIA

Graham

Paste this in the message box:

put shell("convert")

and see what happens. You should get usage information from ImageMagick.

To add a path to the input and output files inside the quoted shell command try surrounding the paths with single quotes.

Warren