On 11/14/11 11:41 PM, AcidJazz wrote:
If I paste an auto-numbered text from Microsoft Word (albeit on a Mac) into a
field, I can't seem to delete the very first number no matter what I do.   I
can delete the text, and all the numbers but the very first one.   I'm in
the "contents" box of the properties window.  I can't select it, and there's
no way to turn it off that I know of, because I don't think Livecode even
has autonumbering.   Short of deleting the field and starting over (which is
what I've had to do), is there a way to fix this?   Is it a bug?

    1.   first line
    2.   second line
    3.   third line

Delete all

    1.

Don't use the property inspector, use the message box or a temporary script somewhere. Try:

delete char 1 of fld <whatever>

I'm guessing Word is adding a non-typeable character to the front of each line. You might have to delete char 1 more than once.