On 11/30/2011 11:35 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
On 11/30/11 1:00 AM, Pete wrote:
I can see where the confusion comes from on this.  The dictionary claims
you can copy a chunk of a control to the clipboard, even has an
example  -
copy word -3 to -1 of field "Help".

I was wrong, the dictionary is right. Either I was relying on old info,
or else I lost a synapse somewhere. This works for me too:

   copy word 1 to -1 of fld 1

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         | jac...@hyperactivesw.com
HyperActive Software           | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

*sigh*

"copy" and "clipboardData" may be unreliable on Linux it seems. The copy function and clipboard is complicated in Linux and for some reason the KDE clipboard utility, Klipper, does not copy data from LiveCode using either "copy" or the clipboardData on my system. It works when Klipper isn't running, though.

Warren