On 12/23/2011 11:40 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
Now with this new 5.0.2 that I just purchased, various startup, openstack and
preopenstack commands do not implement -- that is they don't implement when I
double-click on the stack while LiveCode is not running. (Everything works fine
if LiveCode is already running.) But, for example, if you make a stack that
simply consists of a stack script that says:

on openstack
   choose browse tool
   beep
end openstack

If you double-click on the stack with LiveCode not running, and 5.0.2 starts
up, does the tool change to browse tool? In my computer (Mac), it doesn't --
but the computer does beep. Am I missing something really basic here? If I drag
my new version 5.0.2 to the trash,  which leaves 4.6.4 to start up, and do the
same thing, the tool switches to browse tool as it should. There are other
startup issues suddenly going on in 5.0.2 which I don't understand.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Fred
________

This also happens here in Linux. In 5.0, Livecode opens, the stack appears and both parts of this script work. In 5.0.2 the stack is opening almost instantly and well before the Livecode toolbar appears. It beeps but does not switch to the browse tool. It would seem that Livecode is attempting to run the script before it's fully ready.

Warren