Interesting, never thought of that.  Is there an advantage to doing that
over just issuing the database call and checking for an error right after?

I've mostly thought of try/catch for as a debugging tool.  I also use it
any place where I put together a command in a variable and execute the
command with a do statement.

Pete

Pete