Those are all the same font. You select them by using the "bold" or "Italic" option on the text formatting tab in the inspector. If you did not have say... the bold font loaded and you select the bold face the engine should do a best guess mathematical bolding that never looks as good a the real bold face. So... If you see the one font you should be good-to-go. What face does it show? It should be "Myriad Pro" without any face although the condensed versions of a font are usually a totally separate font, but not always. As a printer I have been in Font-Hell many times and still am from time to time. I still can't figure out why in 2012 font names in the various OSs(and even various programs) are still not consistent and predictable. Welcome to my world....
Ralph DiMola IT Director Evergreen Information Services [email protected] -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ken Corey Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 3:38 PM To: How to use LiveCode Subject: Bug in custom fonts on iOS? Hi All, I was wanting to add a little nicety to my iOS app, so I used three fonts: Myriad Pro Regular.ttf Myriad Pro Bold condensed.ttf Myriad Pro Italic.ttf So, I duly copied the files into the Copy Files pane of the Standalone Settings dialog, and then tried to run on the simulator. No joy. Only one of the fonts would appear. After a bit of searching, I found David William's lesson about fonts on the runrev web site. When I downloaded it, installed the fonts, and ran it on the iPad simulator, sure enough, only one of the fonts was listed: Myriad Pro (though Myriad Pro Cond was displayed in the window). Doing a 'Get Info' for those fonts, they all come up with names like this: Myriad Pro-Cond Myriad Pro-Bold Myriad Pro-Italic etc... Using my calibrated eye, the hyphen between 'Myriad Pro' and 'Cond' looks like an em-dash. Could that break things? Has anyone else seen this problem? (bonus: anyone have a work around?) -Ken _______________________________________________ use-livecode mailing list [email protected] Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode _______________________________________________ use-livecode mailing list [email protected] Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
