Thanks so much to Colin for this counterintuitive insight - why shouldn't Apple
list all the devices one can work with, since they have access to the
definitive list? Beats me.

Matthias, I am already using AirLaunch, although so far I have only used it
(via Dropbox) on my own network, since I wasn't confident enough to send out
betas. AirLaunch itself puts me in mind of the remark variously attributed to
Arthur C Clarke and Isaac Asimov, that any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic. That's how far away I am from understanding the
whole boiling cauldron of snake oil that is iOS distribution.

Graham