On 07/15/2012 10:59 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:
I would routinely quote the relevant part of the message and then add my
comment afterwards, but my colleagues using mobile devices would complain
because they would have to fully open the email to see what I had added. So,
now I say my comment ahead of the quoted text. If there are further comments to
make I will quote the relevant part of the previous message, after my new
comment.

In general, just quote enough of the previous message to make it clear what you
are adding. In this case I didn't need to quote anything.

It wasn't all that long ago that this topic was explored here, was it? I disagree that interspersing response, point by point, within the body of the original message is more readable, even though I understand the argument and agree that it has merit. It can become downright crazy-making after a few levels of reply. I am of the camp that suggests it's most sensible to reply after the original message (seems logical, doesn't it?) although I see what Colin is talking about and have to admit I had never thought of that, but I don't bother with email on my phone at all.

Warren