On 8/2/12 5:48 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM,  <dunb...@aol.com> wrote:
If you do not specify a full pathname (or LC-type "pathname"), LC will assume
you are on the same card.

So just change your code to ...fld tgt of cd "yourcard" [of stack "otherStack"]

that works when I spell it out (which is what I did when using
straight arithmetic instead of formatting)

The problem is passing the target field as a variable; livecode
handles tgt containing "myfield" just fine, but I haven't found a way
to send it "myfield of that other card" without it looking for a field
on the same card with that name.

Pass "the long name" or "the long ID" of the target field.