On 28.04.2012 at 22:34 Uhr -0500 J. Landman Gay apparently wrote:
But PayPal's sandbox test tool consistently shows an error and replies "IPN delivery failed. Unable to connect to the specified URL. Please verify the URL and try again." Obviously it did find my server and URL, because my script received the data and has responded back to Paypal, which in turn has responded with a validation.

No idea how this works in terms of Paypal API but from using the online Paypal payments, I know that Paypal normally redirects back to seller's webpage, not necessarily the one started with. Is it possible that Paypal does not get this URL for post-processing the transaction from you and that is what it complains about?

Robert