On 06/09/2012 02:09, Kay C Lan wrote:
I could have 6-12 breakpoints across half a dozen handlers/functions across
a 1000 lines of code. I couldn't imagine finding and resetting all of
those, just to ensure they worked, if I used 'red dots' instead.

On 06/09/2012 04:45, Kay C Lan wrote:> One thing I like a lot about breakpoints is I can quickly and easily turn
On and Off all/selected breakpoints in all/selected scripts using Find and
Replace.  Find 'breakpoint' Replace with '--breakpoint' and vice versa. I
don't even have to type it, because I've done it before those strings
appear in the option buttons in the Find and Replace window.

It then also makes it very easy to reinstate some/all breakpoints.

Hi Kay

I appreciate you've had trouble with red dots - and that you also mentioned some other factors you appreciate about 'breakpoint', eg persistence - but I thought that since you've evidently not used red dots for a while you may not have noticed that the script editor now has a 'Breakpoints' tab which tracks all the red dots in all scripts/stacks.

From here you can delete, or enable/disable each one without deleting it and can edit the condition on each - and can also double-click to go directly to that line of code, opening the relevant script if required. (So I suppose disabled breakpoints could be used as a kind of bookmark.) This area also provides access to variable watches if you use those (I hadn't realised until just now that we had this facility!).

Apologies if you already knew this. On the other hand, I only just learnt from your emails that I could switch off "Script Debug Mode" to disable all hard-coded 'breakpoint' statements!

Ben