Peter Haworth wrote:

It's unclear to me why the fact that I buy a license to use software versus
owning the actual software itself has any effect on what I choose to do
with it.  Either way, I pay money to Apple to be able to use it.  That's a
different issue than what the EULA says regarding not using it on non-Apple
hardware of course but interesting nevertheless.

I would venture to guess that Apple's justification for not allowing purchasers of OS X to run it on hardware of their own choice is that the price of the Apple-branded computer effectively subsidizes part of the cost of the OS.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World