On 09/13/2012 02:54 AM, Peter W A Wood wrote:
Richmond

On 12 Sep 2012, at 23:03, Richmond wrote:

A bicycle cannot be used to brew coffee, and I am absolutely sure that anybody
claiming that the
fact that their bike cannot be used as a coffee-maker is in some way "unfair"
would be laughed out of court.
Are you really absolutely sure? The company that I used to work for had many
clients in the US insurance business. One of my colleagues told me of a legal
case his client lost, they were sued by somebody who had an accident when they
used a lawnmower to cut a hedge. The instructions that came with the lawn mower
did not sufficiently clearly state that it couldn't be used as a hedge trimmer.

Did your bicycle come with a warning not to use it to make coffee?

I am glad I don't live in the USA.

Peter