On 12/29/2012 08:50 PM, tbodine wrote:
Hi, all.

How do you avoid font substitution of static text fields in your standalones
that are destined for different systems and platforms?

(In Director, we had three methods: embedding fonts, converting text blocks
to bitmaps and adding a fontmap file with cross-platform font substitutions
specified. The bitmap conversion was the most reliable.)

Thanks in advance.
Tom Bodine

Well, as a fairly crude chap . . .

and by "crude" I mean that when I learnt to drive I wanted to be able to drive
a 2 gear 1930 Fordson tractor as well as the latest HumVee . . .

and knowing that every single blasted computer "out there" is running a differently
constituted version of a variety of operating systems . . .

I just export any STATIC text in the font that I want as an image and
import it back into my stack as an image.

No need for any embedded fonts, bitmap nonsense, or anything else.

Richmond.