(Also posted on the forums)
sQuiRt is a LiveCode library for creating QR codes (2d bar codes).
I've posted an open source, GPL version to complement the imminent release of open source LC. Hopefully you'll find the source interesting - there's code for PNG image creation, crc32 checksums and deflate compression as well as the QR code itself.

I'm no mathematician and don't have previous QR experience, so there will no doubt be numerous ways to tweak the code, etc - have fun!!

There's a download link at;
http://splash21.com/sQuiRt.php