I would like very much to be able to do applied maths on it, but the would
require stricter typing of objects to be able to implement the IEEE standard on
number representations. For starters, an port of the BLAS library, which
includes routines for linear algebra and linear problem solving would be
useful. Also, support for 64bit and Cocoa on the mac would be welcome, this a
well needed update on the writing and building of externals, notably with
decent support of multicore processors.
Until then...
Best regards
        François