Paul - sorry, didn't mean to jump all over your suggestion. It was something I
was already thinking about and I was just trying to say it's so important an
area that we really need to do more than the minimum possible to enable async
that already exists (for externals at least). My casual skim trough of the new
API suggests you can post arbitrary messages back to LiveCode objects from any
thread you like.
 from Yahoo! Mail for iPad