On 6/18/13 10:51 PM, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
From: J. Landman Gay

ShutdownRequest is sent when the user tries to quit.
CloseStackRequest
is sent when they try to close a window, like when they click on the
close box.

Sounds like I need to handle both, then. It seems "wrong" to me that there
is no message that universally indicates shutdown, no matter how it is
invoked, but I guess I can live with it.

Well, on a Mac, closing the last window doesn't shut down the app. The app stays resident and sits there with nothing but its menu bar showing, waiting for you to choose Quit. :)