On 7/4/13 2:52 AM, Mark Wilcox wrote:
jac...@hyperactivesw.com wrote:

You're a good guesser. I just asked, and the client thinks a
2-gig average is about right.

From what you described of the memory usage of your system, it's
not going to get even remotely close to needing swap on a PC with
2GB RAM (video decoding only requires enough RAM for the codec and
a few frames at a time).  If it really is a problem (e.g. much less
than 2GB available) and you can't cache stacks to the disk then you
could write your own in memory caching system that destroys the
least recently used one when you go past a certain number of stacks
downloaded.

That's what I wanted to hear, thanks. Deleting the oldest files is actually in their specs but I didn't want to have to track that.

They have some ancient, decrepit Windows machines to test on so I think we'll find out soon enough if I'm worrying for nothing. I hope so.