Election season is fact approaching in my county. I do a lot of election DB
work.

One thing I have long relied on was the ability to extract data stored
Filemaker and put it into a LC stack, (where the scripting language is not
idiotic.)

I have done  this with something like this (below) executed as Apple Script:

set theDatabase to choose file with prompt "Please locate a FileMaker Pro
database file to open:"
tell application "FileMaker Pro"
        with transaction
                try
                        open theDatabase
                        go to layout "list"
                        get every record of layout "list"
                end try
        end transaction
end tell

It was slow but it worked.

With Apple script gone, will there remain a way to script in LC a way to
extract  info from FM?

Please tell me this is a naive question, and the answer is easy.

Jim Hurley