Richard,

When not on Mac OS X, you need to replace linefeed with crlf, convert text to ISO and write the file as binfile, e.g.

put fld 1 into myVar
put macToIso(myVar) into myVar
replace lf with crlf in myVar
put myVar into url "binfile:~/desktop/file.txt"

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com