Peter Haworth wrote:
My goal is to get a list of the valid property names for each Livecode
object (stack, card, field, etc)

I don't mean to sound pedantic, but serious question: what is your goal with that?

Sometimes in our imperfect world we find limitations in the engine, and a hard-wired list can get the job done almost immediately, allowing us to move on to other important tasks.

True, this would require maintenance as properties change, but in the absence of any simple solution it may actually save time over trying to find an automated solution.

Having built a few property inspectors over the years, I use a mix of "the properties" of the selectedObject + a few hand-crafted things not normally included there. Sure, it's imperfect, but it let me get it done. :)

But of course the usefulness of a manual solution will depend on how it's used, hence my opening question.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World