Monte,

If I enter the following line in the terminal (on Mac) it properly registers
the Bonjour service:
dns-sd -R "Play the Game" _playbodd._tcp . 45567 path=/game
Note that the terminal does not give the cursor back but does register the
service. I have to control-z.

If I enter the following line in the LiveCode Message Box it also properly
returns information like it does in the terminal
shell("dns-sd")
> dns-sd -E                  (Enumerate recommended registration domains)
> dns-sd -F                      (Enumerate recommended browsing domains)
> dns-sd -R <Name> <Type> <Domain> <Port> [<TXT>...] (Register a service)
> dns-sd -B        <Type> <Domain>        (Browse for services instances)
> dns-sd -L <Name> <Type> <Domain>           (Look up a service instance)
> dns-sd -P <Name> <Type> <Domain> <Port> <Host> <IP> [<TXT>...]  (Proxy)
> dns-sd -Z        <Type> <Domain>   (Output results in Zone File format)
> dns-sd -G     v4/v6/v4v6 <name>  (Get address information for hostname)
> dns-sd -V    (Get version of currently running daemon / system service)

If I enter the following line in the LiveCode Message Box it returns an error.
shell("dns-sd -R "Play the Game" _playbodd._tcp . 45567 path=/game")
> Message execution error:
> Error description: Handler: can't find handler
> Hint: shell("dns-sd

1. How can I get LiveCode to enter the complete shell command?
2. How can I get LiveCode to not lock up after the command is entered?
3. Once I am successful at registering the Bonjour service how can I stop the
service? I don't see an entry in the dns-sd man page.

Bill Vlahos
http://www.linkedin.com/in/billvlahos/
InfoWallet (http://www.infowallet.com) is about keeping your important life
information with you, accessible, and secure.
lcTaskList: (http://www.infowallet.com/lctasklist/index.htm)
RunRev lcTaskList Forum: (http://forums.runrev.com/viewforum.php?f=61)