On 19.03.2014 at 20:07 Uhr +0200 Richmond apparently wrote:
You are imagining things.

If you open the Preferences stack; /Edit/Preferences you can stop update notices; select "Updates" (second from the bottom).

You will then be given a fantastic range of choices:

Notify me of stable releases
Notify me of maintainence (sic transit gloria mundi) releases
Notify me of beta releases
Notify me of development releases

and you can have lots of fun deciding what you want and what you don't, and even a spot of vicarious fun reflecting on the fact that being a jolly clever computer programmer does not necessarily mean you
are very good at spelling.

Richmond.

But none of those options is what I am talking about. Regardless of which of the above choices is selected, when I get a notice of a new upgrade, I'd like to see

upgrade now
ask later
skip this release

RObert