On 19/03/2014 09:59, Mark Schonewille wrote:

Can you tell more about this? Is this a router in an existing network environment? Is this a router that is yet to be designed? Can you alter the software in the router?

Normally, you'd log in on a router over http and change the settings in your internet browser. I would expect this to be possible on an Android device too.
That depends on your point of view, or your context. For me, I'd say you "normally" telnet (or similar) to a router and use the efficient, all-powerful command line interface. The majority of routers (Juniper, Cisco, Draytek, Netgear, ...) support a telnet interface.

OK, recent consumer routers will usually recommend browser-style interfaces - but there's 20 years of tradition before that using telnet-like interfaces to control routers. At least some routers will have configuration options or commands that are not available, or relatively clumsy to use, through an HTTP interface.

-- Alex.