Dar Scott wrote:
> Is -ui an official feature?

Faceless command-line apps are an important and widely-used use-case in the LiveCode world, going back for decades.

In fact, I much prefer using Linux standalones to LiveCode Server and I know others who do as well, but then there are also installers and other utilities that make the range of uses quite broad.

While LC may excel at GUIs, there are so many useful things it can do from the command-line that I can't see it going away.

On the contrary, there's been discussion over the least year about cleaning up some of the old CLI args it used to support so we can use those flags for our own purposes, so apparently the intention is not merely keep it, but make it ever better.

The more I learn about bash, the more I'm re-thinking some of my own apps in terms of dual-mode support, where in addition to the GUI I also provide a CLI interface that allows the app to take on a role in integrated workflows....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World