On 6/16/2014, 10:28 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
I'm just doing a GET to a URL. There is an SQS queue (I'm not sure what
that is actually,) which is being processed server-side. I think we need
to know what's happening before my request hits the queue.

I should expand that a little bit. The server person said my requests are hitting the SQS queue, which isn't related to Cloudfront. She knows about Cloudtrail logs but suspects that the hit isn't even making it to SQS to get logged. This is sort of gibberish to me, but it means something.

Maybe a better question to everyone would be: can a server 400 error be related to a bad SSL certificate chain? Because that's the only thing I can think of. Are these security chains static or do they vary depending on the computer/network involved? That is, is it like a URL request that can take any path to the destination, or more like a specific, unchanging set of security checkpoints?

Amazon talks about a PEM file that lists the security checkpoints, so I suspect the latter. If so, my theory isn't correct.