Hi Fred,

At some point in time, the syntax changed. The new syntax is

lock screen for visual effect
// do a bunch of stuff here
unlock screen with visual effect dissolve

Dissolve should work on any platform. Some effects only work on a specific platform. It is also possible that a combination of using an unstable version of LiveCode together with Mavericks breaks something. Make sure to use a GM release.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com