Folks,
Thanks for all the good ideas. For line plots, I do create a line and set the
points of the line to the values I want. For plots with discrete symbols (there
may be many thousands), I draw directly into an image using a derivative of
code I got from Colin's simple draw program. This works well, but I noticed a
huge slowdown going to livecode 7, so I'll have to spend some time optimizing
my repeat loops.

Grouping plot elements will simplify my code, and since I rely heavily on
snapshots, I really appreciate that the dev team did some work to make it more
robust.

Thanks again for the ideas and help.
Bill

William Prothero