TestFlight is not new.  I've been using it for years (man, it's hard to
believe we've had the ability to write mobile apps for several years, isn't
it?).  Anyway, I just used it to distribute an ios7 beta to a bunch of
users last week.  One of my users just emailed me tonight saying that he
was able to do the install, so as of a few hours ago, it was still working.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Silly question (I haven't done it myself) but is your app only for iOS 8?
>
> I note that Testflight Beta Testing is only for iOS 8 so if your app
> is built to be iOS 7 compatible maybe that then makes it's 'not
> entitled' to be Testflight Beta Tested.
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Chris Sheffield <cmsheffi...@icloud.com>
> wrote:
> > So with the fix in LC 6.6.3, I was able to upload an app build to iTunes
> Connect. I wanted to play around with the new TestFlight functionality.
> >
> > But now when I go into iTunes Connect and try to enable the beta
> testing, it’s telling me my build “does not contain the correct beta
> entitlement”. I follow the link provided to get more info, which takes me
> to the iTunes Connect Developer Guide, where I can find absolutely nothing
> about “beta entitlement”.
> >
> > Has anyone else tried it yet? I’m assuming something in the bundle’s
> .plist file needs to be added/enabled, but not sure what. Which means
> something in LC will probably have to be updated. I’m guessing we could
> manually add what’s necessary to the .plist template before building, but I
> can’t find any info on it.
> >
> > Just thought I’d ask here to see if anyone’s given it a go yet.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris
> >

> > --
> > Chris Sheffield