From: livecode-dev [mailto:livecode-dev-boun...@lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of
Benjamin Beaumont
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:37 PM
To: How to use LiveCode; LiveCode Developer List
Subject: RELEASE LiveCode 7.0

Dear list members,

We're pleased to announce release of LiveCode 7.0. This is a stable release.

WARNING: LiveCode 7.0 contains breaking changes particularly when reading and
writing data out of LiveCode or working with the char chunk type. Details can
be found in the release notes which are linked below. LiveCode 6.7, which was
also released today, provides a fully backward compatible new edition of
LiveCode for all those users who need time to migrate their stacks to 7.0. Most
people will be unaffected but please check the release notes and ask your
questions on the list if you are unsure, we are very happy to help. LiveCode
7.0 has been available for most of 2014 so I expect most of you are well aware
of the changes and likely already updated stacks where necessary.

Release contents

LiveCode 7.0 is a massive release for us as custodians of LiveCode and for us
as a community. We've been working on it for almost 2 years and it sees us
modernise the core of the engine and pave the was for LiveCode 8. We've
introduced lots of new features, most notably, transparent unicode support
which is a huge step forward for the technology. For more information of the
changes in the release you can visit our website at:
http://livecode.com/livecode-7/

Our release notes contain full details of all the changes made during this
cycle as well as details of all the bugs that were fixed. The can be found
here: http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_7_0/LiveCodeNotes-7_0_0.pdf

Yosemite

During the release candidate phase we added support for Yosemite and will be
working on adding wider ranging support for that platform in the coming week.
Apple have tweaked how some of their pickers work which we'd like make
available to your applications. We plan to do this in the form of 6.7.1 and
7.0.1 releases in the coming two weeks.

Thanks once again to you as a community. Your support in testing and bug
reporting does not go unnoticed!

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team