Sounds peculiar, unless the defaultStack has changed.

Rather copy and paste to re-order the cards, have you tried setting the
number of the card instead? This will retain the original card ID for
continued navigation by ID.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

Friedrich F. Grohmann <ffgrohm...@gmail.com> wrote

I've run into a strange problem with a stack. After changing the order of a
few cards (by way of copy/paste) a number of the involved cards will not
respond to "go card id xxx". The card inspector clearly indicates both name
and number of those cards. However, if I try to proceed to the card by its
id, the message box tells me "No such card". If it's "go cd yyy" and yyy is
the number of the card, no problem.

I'm working with Livecode 5.5.4 and the stack involved has served me for a
number of years so I don't think it is a problem of the version itself.

Any suggestion how this could be solved?

Thanks,
Fritz