On 11/6/2014, 10:23 AM, ethanl...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for the response.  Any pointers to where I can locate or discover
the object name?

I am looking to move away from having two version numbers;
     - one on the stand-alone setting screen and
     - one in the application setting screen

Since the stand-alone setting version value is required by the compiler,
i would like to have the application settings screen just query the
standalone value and present it to the user in the application context

I see, I misunderstood you the first time. The easiest way to keep track of the version number in a standalone is to store it as a custom property somewhere and retrieve it as needed. I usually store it as a custom property of the main stack.

There are ways to read the plist file on an OS X app, but no good way to find it in a Windows or mobile app. Storing it yourself is much easier. The standalone builder does keep a record of the versions and other app settings as part of the stack properties, but those are not retained in the built standalone so you can't get them there.