On 12/7/2014, 12:18 PM, Richmond wrote:
BUT, it would have been quite possible to have a development color
picker that was uniform across all
platforms, and a way of leveraging the operating system's color picker
in standalones . . . therefore having the
best of both worlds.

You can do that yourself, of course, by simply adding a plugin. But so far, I have heard from only two people who actually want that option. I'm happier with the system picker myself, since on OS X it allows extensions that provide many more color options.