William Prothero wrote:
There really is no code in the quit button. I just do:

——Method 1 ------
on mouseUp
   quit
end mouseUp

Or:
——Method 2 ------
on mouseUp
   send “doTheQuit” to me in 0 seconds
end mouseUp

on doTheQuit
   quit
end doTheQuit

I tried closing all substacks. Do I need to close the mainstack first too?

The quit command should take care of closing the windows for you. Normally there should be no need to route a quit command through a timer, so to keep diagnostics simple I'd not use Method 2.

The issue here isn't likely with the quit command itself, but with something else going on at the moment it's called.

Are you playing any audio or video clips? Any open Internet connections? Any open files?

To see if there are any pendingMessages, try temporarily modifying your Quit button with this:

on mouseUp
  # quit
  answer the pendingMessages
end mouseUp

But if you were using timers you'd probably know it, so I'm disinclined to think it's timer-related.

If I were in your position, I'd implement logging using the messageMessages and a frontScript. I occasionally need this sort of thing myself, so I just made a quickie version that you can add as a substack temporarily while you're figuring out what's going on:

<http://www.fourthworld.net/lc/4wLogger.livecode.zip>

Instructions for using it are included. I'll be interested to know what you find with it.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems