in the stack script:

on delcd pCd
   delete cd id pCd
end delcd

in the script of the btn of your card:

on mouseUp
   send ("delcd" && the id of this cd) to this stack in 0
end mouseup

Best
Günter

Am 16.02.2015 um 20:42 schrieb Richmond:
This CANNOT be done, as such.

I am currently working up a moronically simple flashcard program for
people to learn words in a new language.

It features a card where end-users can add terms.

Now, for every new term a templet card is cloned and 2 fields on the cloned card are filled.

No rocket science round these parts!

HOWEVER . . . there's always one of those . . .

I want a button on each vocab. card that allows chummy to delete that card.

Tried a button with this script:

on mouseUp
  put the ID of this card into fld "QARD" of card "INPUTTER"
  send "mouseUp" to btn "DELL" of card "INPUTTER"
end mouseUp

where button "DELL" contains this:

on mouseUp
  put fld "QARD" into QARD
  delete card ID QARD
end mouseUp

now, clicking directly on button "DELL" deletes the card . .

but clicking the button on the card to be deleted does NOT delete that card because the script in that button
is still active.

Would be grateful for any ideas on this one.

Richmond.