Geoff Canyon wrote:

> It seems currentcard is undocumented. I don't even know where I
> came up with it. But it works in general:
>
>     put the long id of  the currentcard of the topstack
>
> works fine in the message box. It also works in the script of
> a button -- generally. As it turns out, the above will give an
> error *if* the button is in a palette stack, but not if it's
> in a toplevel stack. (at least in 6.7.1 on a mac) I can't really
> call it a bug since "currentcard" isn't in the dictionary. But
> it just cost me two hours of my life, so this my primitive
> yawp of frustration.

I didn't know about "currentCard" so I just tried it - made a two stacks, the first opens the second as a palette, and the second has the statement shown above in a button's mouseUp handler. Works as expected.

Also works with "this card".

LC 6.7.2, Ubuntu 14.04

If "currentCard" is undocumented what prompted you to try it?

Does it work with "this card"?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems