On Mar 1, 2015, at 3:16 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Peter M. Brigham wrote:
>
> > Just closing the loop on this one (the power source of a laptop).
> > (Calling Richard Gaskin re the Linux case...)
>
> Thanks, Peter.
>
> I'd provided what I think might work some time ago, lost in the long thread
> as it's run across many topics (hence my taking the liberty of changing the
> thread title):
> <http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2015-February/211587.html>
>
> If anyone here running Linux could test that on their system to see if it
> works as well for you as it does for me we have have all three platforms now
> covered.
>
> Thanks again for putting the handler together, Peter.

Yes, I did get that message:

> Thanks to the beautiful simplicity of the Linux /proc directory I was
> able to find:
>
>    cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
>
> The "charging state" field there will contain "charging" or "discharging".

Question: this looks like a file on disk. I didn't know what you meant by the
"'charging state' field." What is the format of the file? Is this a text file,
an XML file, or something else? If you could give me a sample to look at I can
parse it to get the info and complete the handler. I don't have a linux system
to work with for this.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com