On 3/21/2015 3:38 AM, Terence Heaford wrote:
The docs state

"The four numbers represent the left, top, right and bottom of the
rectangle being printed to. The rectangle is relative to the top-left
of the page, and the left and top will currently always be 0.

This isn't very well written. What it really means is:

"The four numbers represent the left, top, right and bottom of the printing area the printer supports. The rectangle is relative to the top-left of the paper, which is 0,0."

So your printer has a print area of 8,8,834,587. The printmargins you set will be offset by that area. If you set the left print margin to 10, on the actual paper it will be 18 (10 for your margin + 8 from the printer.)

What I usually do is ignore the right and bottom margins and set them to zero if I'm sure the whole printout will fit on a page. If my top and left calculations are correct, it doesn't matter what those are. Then I calculate the amount of inset I need for the top and left, set those printmargins (minus the printer offsets) and print the page.

So if you want your printout to begin at 20 pixels from the left of the physical paper, the left printmargin would be 12. The right side should just fall into place by itself if you've scaled the image correctly.

I should warn that printing is voodoo and while you can get very close, it may never be perfect on all printers and in all cases. Printers are independent with minds of their own.