On 7/19/2015 10:17 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:

There is a line selected. If I put the following into the field script:

on arrowkey
    put the hilitedlines
end arrowkey

then click in the field to select a line, then hit up- or
down-arrowkey, nothing happens. The field is apparently not getting the
arrowkey message. It's acting as though the traversalon of the field is
false, but it's not.

What do you get if you put this into the field script:

on mouseUp
 put the hilitedlines of me
end mouseUp

BTW, I think your arrowkey test needs "of the target". Hilitedlines without an object reference is probably always empty.