One of the 'snags' with most screen readers is that they are NOT really screen readers at all, they are programs that read the content inwith windows of programs with which they are compatible.

Until (?????) someone develops a LiveCode-specific screen reader, what would be required is a reader that is, indeed a screen reader insofar as it would read either the whole screen or the top-level window
on that screen regardless of what program it belonged to.

This is pretty interesting: http://webaim.org/techniques/screenreader/

as is this: http://usabilitygeek.com/10-free-screen-reader-blind-visually-impaired-users/

However, I should point out that Orca, while being installable on my Xubuntu 64-bit machine doesn't start up.

Most screen readers seem devoted to internet browsers only.

Richmond.