On 2015-09-02 16:13, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
After a couple of days of frustration, compiling standalone to get test
messages, I discovered:

function someFunct a, b

then a script that has

someFunct cat, dog

will execute someFunct in the IDE. In a standalone, it fails to find the
handler.

In my case, someFunct was originally a command, and changed to be a
function to possibly return an error code. I changed the places where it
is regularly called, but missed a couple of rare ones.

Is this a known/reported issue?

When you say 'when executed in the IDE' in what context do you mean? A script? The message box?

If you declare a handler in the message path as a command, then you can only call it from script using command syntax.

If you declare a handler in the message path as a function, then you can only call it from script using function syntax.

This is the same in the IDE or in a Standalone as the code in the engine which does it is the same.

Therefore, if you are seeing this in the IDE then it is likely via something IDE specific you are using *or* you have lingering definitions in a library stack or similar somewhere which you are loading into the IDE.

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps