Monte Goulding wrote:

> It is now a script only stack that has it’s UI built on startup so
> you need to add things each time you open LC.

I've been writing IDE patchers for myself for months to tidy up things that had been sitting in the bug queue for a while (one of which got fixed today), and I've always written them to apply the patches on startup.

The nice thing about this approach is that I can have what I want without making permanent changes to the IDE. If I need to revert the IDE to its shipping state I just quit, remove my patcher plugin, and restart.

I haven't had time to read the IDE scripts in v8 - what exactly is it doing on boot? Is it copying parts from some resource stack, or is there some really long script somewhere to create every control and set every property?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems