On 03/11/15 21:18, Mark Waddingham wrote:
On 2015-11-03 20:16, Richmond wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what the benefit would be.

If the window server ('the xserver') completely crashes or freezes then you can usually still get to a terminal with the above keyboard shortcut to allow you to get back to a terminal (which doesn't run in the windowing system) allowing you to do a clean shutdown / restart.

Ha, Ha, Ha:

"clean" shutdowns, startups or restarts have never been part of my style :P

R.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.