I have for years successfully run a set of stacks using LiveCode 5.5.3 in
Windows 7.  Recently certain operations have become painfully slow (Windows
says "not responding" for 2 minutes or so, but eventually does respond and the
operation is completed).
Setting some breakpoints to investigate, I discovered that the bottleneck
commands are 2 simple "Save stack x" statements.  The stacks being saved are
2.3 and 0.3 megabytes.
The same stacks run without problem using LiveCode 5.5 on Mac OSX.  And until
recently they ran well on Windows 7.
Has anyone had this experience, or an idea for a remedy?
Thanks very much.
David Epstein