Ciao,

[1] Firefox does NOT work any more since version 44.0 with
LC's HTML5-standalones. Sadly, because Firefox was up to
5 times faster with the standalones (with loading AND playing)
than other browsers.
ALL standalones are affected, no matter the dp version.
This is reported at Bugzilla@Mozilla, they really try to help us.
If I read that correct, it is even planned for Firefox 47.0 to
implement some backward-compatibilty.
Peter B. will 'repair' that from LC's side soon (8.0.0-dp15), you
then simply have to recompile your projects with the new version.

[2] LC 8.0.0-dp14 has with my tests a speed loss by factor of up
to 10 compared to dp9. [Will report in detail to QC tomorrow].
Hope your results are better. Please tell us.

[3] In general to HTML5:

PeterB. and the dev team is really working hard on all the nasty
detailed problems (you can see that immediately when reading at
github.com/livecode/livecode) with the HTML5-standalone builder.

==> There is an own HTML5-Subforum <===
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=120
Peter B. comes in regularly there and gave already a lot of
valuable information, nothing is unanswered until now.

For example the BIG problem of **implementing 'wait' or not**
is discussed at large there (and was already shortly discussed
here).

=======
Hermann